It’s cold outside, and you don’t feel like stepping out for a workout. It is hard to stay motivated, but we have some fantastic benefits of exercising in the winter season.
Every season of the year has its beauty, and so does the winter season.
Winters are here, days are shorter, and the nights are longer. You are most likely to witness complete darkness while returning from a long day at work. And, the best option you’ll think of that time is to sit with a hot cup of tea/coffee in your comfy blanket. Though there’s nothing wrong with doing that, we all deserve a good break after a long working hour. But, there’s something more amazing about the winter season, i.e., winter workouts.
We start eating more and doing less – human hibernation. We are not bears, nor are we supposed to store the fat layers to protect us from those cold winter days. The drop in temperature encourages us to take a break from workouts and enjoy our day in homes, all packed and warm. It is advisable to stay active throughout the year for the best results, but the cold days can demotivate many. Workout motivation will fade away with the drop in temperature. We are likely to spend most of our time hibernating indoors, waiting for the good old sunny days to return.
We have listed out some fantastic benefits of exercising in the winter season:
Manage your SAD by working out in the sun. 😀
- Fight the winter blues with Vitamin-D: Seasonal Affective disorder( SAD), commonly known as winter blues, is a seasonal sadness that occurs when there’s less sunlight during a particular time of the year. Different methods can help us cure this, like light therapy, talk therapy, medication, etc. Stepping out and getting the required Vitamin D helps us with SAD and regulates the amount of calcium and phosphate- the necessary nutrients to keep the bones, teeth, and muscles healthy. Enhance the health benefits by working out in the daylight. Exercising releases the “feel good ” hormones that will boost your mood by brightening you up. The combined impact of Vitamin- D and a drill(exercise) can help you with SAD. 😀 Go and greet the sun. 🙂
Keep the calories in control by chilling out in the winter season.
- Burn extra calories while chilling out: If you want to shed some extra kgs, the cold winter season can help you out. But wait! You can’t burn calories by standing and shivering in one place. You’ve to move your body. According to the research, the body needs more energy and thus, burns more calories to regulate its core temperature in cold weather. The winter season also comes with festivals, parties, etc. Don’t miss the winter workouts, and keep those extra calories in check. So, here’s another motivation behind working out in the winter season. Stay active and avoid winter weight gain.
The cold season will help you fight cold and flu.
And we’re not kidding!
- Boost your immunity: The cold and flu during the winter season are very common. And, you can handle them more smartly by exercising out in the cold winter season. Don’t push yourself too hard while working out. Light workouts can help you better by boosting the immune system and improving your defense against cold and flu.
The chilly winter breeze will make you shiver for the first time and make you feel warm the next.
- Get your blood pumping and stay warm: Our heart works hard to pump blood during the winter season, so working out in the winter provides another excellent opportunity to keep your heart healthy and body warm. Exercise will also help you fight cardiovascular diseases. It’s cold outside, but going out for a workout after covering yourself with proper warm clothes will keep you warm and strengthen your heart as well.
- Avoid sweat and stay fresh: The workouts can be sweaty in other seasons, but the winter workouts are extremely clean and fresh. You can wear your favorite comfortable clothes and step outside to enjoy the benefits of working out in the cold.
Wish yourself a happier, healthier winter season.
- Stay more joyful and energized: The comfort that comes with all that delicious winter food, comfy blankets, and long talks near winter fire is indeed the best thing about winters. But, a quick workout session can also make a significant impact on your mood. Wear comfortable, warm clothes and step outside for a small workout session.
Wrap up :
The Winter season is all about food, friends, families, and laughter.
- We are blessed to have different seasons. The Winter season is all about festivals and celebrations. But, neglecting health for a long time can cause health problems. So, fight your excuses and get back stronger.
- It’s time to enjoy food and fire with friends and family but sitting and eating without bothering about the calorie intake can be harmful.
- Having a balance can help you out. So, make sure you spend some time exercising outside. ( The benefits of exercising in the winter season will encourage you to do that. :P)
- Avoid the winter weight gain by working out at least 3-5 days a week, and enjoy your favorite food without any regrets.