There are different ways to lose and maintain healthy body weight. There is an overload of advice on the internet to lose weight more efficiently with exercises like weight lifting, jogging, running, walking, etc. But, every piece of advice melts down to a question -what do you like the most? Can you do it every day? Does it help you stay fit and healthy? Let’s see how different exercise forms work to stay fit and healthy. We will start with Zumba as it is gaining popularity in the fitness industry. But, should you choose Zumba to lose weight or build muscles?
Dance your heart out with Zumba:
A Latin-inspired dance workout is gaining popularity as one of the most fun and exciting exercise classes. The low to high-intensity dance moves in Zumba helps move your heart rate up and raise cardio endurance.
Zumba is for everyone who doesn’t feel like doing traditional workouts. So, ditch them and join a party. Put on your favorite music and start moving.
When we say Zumba is for everyone, we mean it. If you’re the one who likes weights too, there’s a Zumba toning that involves weight for some extra calorie burning. Or do you want your kids to join you in your workout sessions? Zumba is an answer to everything. Stay tuned and engage your kids in health and fitness,
Zumba to lose weight- Really?
- Core: Few of the dance steps in the intense Zumba workouts emphasize the hips and midsection which helps in strengthening the core.
- Arms and legs: Zumba involving weights can help in toning arms. Also, the moves in Zumba involve jumps and lunges targeting quads and hamstrings.
- Glutes: Feel the burn in your bum while enjoying the beats. Yes, Zumba targets your glutes too.
Zumba is a full-body workout as it involves the movement of an entire body. Those dance moves will make you move your arms, shoulders, and legs. The best part about doing Zumba to lose weight is you can do it anytime, anywhere with zero equipment.
How does Zumba help in losing weight?
Zumba is an effective full-body workout, and an hour session can burn those excess calories. But, to lose weight, one has to stay in a calorie deficit and requires changes in diet. So, will it help in losing weight? – Yes, but with a lifestyle change.
Doing it two to three times a week with a balanced healthy diet will help you lose weight and stay fit. Make sure you move your body often.
How often should you do Zumba to lose weight?
We now know that Zumba can help us lose and maintain weight. But, how often should you do it?
You will burn calories once you start working out regularly, but the body adapts to exercise quickly. It is advisable to increase the intensity with time. Also, you can do Zumba thrice a week with other two days in strength training. Strength training will help you tone your muscles and lose weight faster.
Focus on a well-balanced diet to lose weight. Make sure you include proper nutrients and vitamins. Losing half a kg a week is a healthy weight loss process.
How many calories do you need to burn with Zumba to lose weight?
Losing weight too fast could be dangerous for your overall health. Make sure you lose it the right way.
Weight loss or weight gain is all about calorie intake. One requires you to stay in a calorie deficit, and the other focuses on staying in a calorie surplus. Losing 0.5 (half) kgs a week is an ideal weight loss.
Zumba helps you burn around 300-900 calories an hour (age 18-22), but the figures are vague. No one can determine the actual number of calories as they depend on various factors like:
- Weight and Height
These factors make it challenging to calculate an exact number of calories.
So, if you wish to increase the number of calories burned:
- Increase the intensity by adding weights. Zumba strength classes will help you tone your body and strengthen your muscles while burning extra calories.
- Try other workout options like weight training, HIIT(high-intensity interval training), etc on other days of the week.
A calorie deficit diet and 3-5 days/ week workout sessions can help you lose weight. While staying in a calorie deficit is crucial, make sure your body gets the required nutrients and vitamins.
Check out this post and learn how to lose weight the right way with a healthy calorie deficit.
Other amazing benefits of Zumba include:
- Improve blood pressure: A study shows that Zumba can lead to a reduction in blood pressure and triglyceride levels with minimal weight loss.
- It’s for everyone: Yes, Zumba suits every age group and one can easily choose the intensity they prefer. Just keep moving with the beat and stay active.
- Get social: A Zumba class will allow you to meet people from different backgrounds. A group workout increases accountability and fun.
- Improves mood: Music and dance can improve mood instantly. So, dancing to the beats with a group can improve mood and thus help in dealing with mental health issues.
- Good for mental and physical health: Exercise releases happy hormones- endorphins. So, spending an hour in a Zumba class will improve your mood.
Now, no more excuses to start your weight loss journey. Search for a nearby Zumba class and observe how this fun activity- Zumba will help you lose weight.