Pandemic has changed our habits to a greater extent and pushed us indoors for a long time. But, this was a blessing for many as online gaming has evolved a lot during these times. Yes, online gaming is a form of entertainment and learning for many.
With the advancement of technology, affordable devices, and internet packages, online gaming platforms will continue to grow. There are a plethora of online gaming platforms which can help you learn and grow while entertaining yourself. However, it is vital to know the advantages and disadvantages of online gaming before we introduce you to one of the best gaming websites. Also, we will share our favorite picks from the website.
Advantages of online gaming:
- These games can boost your brain’s performance. There are different steps and tricks involved in these games that will force them to exercise their brain.
- Online games can improve concentration. We can boost our attention span with these games as they demand a lot of focus from us. Also, the moment you get distracted, you might end up losing the game.
- You can refresh yourself from a tiring day at school or work through these online gaming platforms. They are one of the best stress busters.
- Boost your analytical skills as many games require you to solve problems or puzzles to move to the next level. So, these challenges can boost your problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Learn and gain knowledge with these online games. Many online games involve a sort of educational aspect that allows us to learn different subjects. So, these games can be an effective educational tool.
Disadvantages of Online gaming:
Everything has its pros and cons. However, the impact depends on the person dealing with it.
- Excess screen time can harm physical health. These games demand long sitting hours and can result in shoulder or back pain. Staring at screens can lead to eye problems as well. One can fix their gaming hours, improve sitting posture and include physical activity in their routine to maintain a healthy balance.
- Excess time on online gaming platforms can lead to addiction that later results in anxiety and sleeplessness. Fix your gaming hours and focus on other responsibilities as well.
- Laziness and lack of physical activity could result in weight gain. Also, a lack of outdoor games can impact socializing behaviors.
- Addiction and too much time on gaming platforms can impact academic performance. Many gamers procrastinate on their studying or ignore a deadline for their work.
- Anonymity boosts cyberbullying as people aren’t accountable and can make negative remarks which impact the person.
Keeping the advantages and disadvantages in mind, let us introduce you to the amazing gaming platform, Solitaire.
The solitaire gaming platform has a lot more to offer than card games. Yes, you heard it right. The website offers a bunch of games that you could play. All of us are familiar with the solitaire card game. So, allow us to introduce you to the other sections of the website.
Also, there are seven different sections to choose from, and includes Solitaire, card, Mahjong, Hidden Object, Match 3, Logic Puzzles, and Word. Each of these sections is further divided into different subsections. So, the Solitaire gaming website has a lot to offer. Let us introduce you to some of our favorite picks:
- Hidden Object: This section has different subsections like Hotel, Castle, Kitchen, and Pirate, to name a few. One has to find the hidden objects or numbers in different environments. This game is indeed one of the best ways to increase concentration power and can help the person to become detail-oriented. The game requires attention to minute details. A child can learn to recognize numbers and objects. You can zoom or make it a full screen to get a clear view. So, one doesn’t have to strain their eyes by searching for a small image. The challenge increases with increasing levels, and random guesses are also punishable. There’s a hint button that allows you to take help when needed. Choose your favorite environment and start playing.
- Logic Puzzles: Let’s take your brain to the gym. Logic puzzles are indeed an exercise for the brain. The logic puzzles boost brain activity and also encourage the person to think with a problem-solving approach. The logic puzzles section offer games like chess, crossword, and Sudoku, to name a few. You can also play a single-player chess board game. Another best feature is a daily crossword as it has something new to offer every day and allows us to choose a day from the calendar. You can go back and forward six months and choose a day. So, it is always exciting. Choose your favorite game and start playing.
- Word: Now, this one is a bonus section that we would like to introduce. Word section can improve vocabulary and spelling. Also, these games can improve concentration and problem-solving skills. So, the solitaire platform provides word games, and the difficulty level allows the person to level up. Check out the crossword, word search, and other exciting games.
The platform provides game details at the bottom and thus makes every game super easy to learn and play.
Online gaming has its pros and cons. But, they can help you learn and grow as well. So, fix some hours for these games and maintain a healthy balance. Make sure you also include other outdoor activities in your routine. Solitaire has a plethora of games to offer. So, check out other games and let us know your favorite one.