What kind of fitness resolutions can you make in a single year? All of us make New year’s resolutions, but how many of us follow them? Also, we have this habit of admiring the extremes. So, we end up setting unrealistic goals. That means many fail to take the time to assess their fitness levels, and they then end up coming up with new resolutions that are unrealistic or too difficult. New Year comes with new hopes and dreams, so here we are to help you with our Health and Fitness resolutions for 2023.
Hey!! We aren’t demotivating you. We are helping you to set realistic goals that will allow you to complete your resolutions this year. These resolutions are far more doable than they may first appear, and they address our most common fitness problems. Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, build muscle or get more active, these resolutions are the perfect starting point for anyone who wants to address their fitness and overall health in the next twelve months.
Also, we encourage you to follow a healthy lifestyle. Healthy eating is not at all boring. All you need is a proper diet and workout routine. So, let’s get started and set resolutions for the year 2023 to achieve health goals.
Health and Fitness Resolutions:
1) Put down the screen: “I have to put my favorite series or a movie before I start eating. ” – This is the most common phrase we hear from the people around us. This condition might sound normal but trust me, your chances of overeating increase when you eat with that distraction. So, put down that screen and make it your New Year’s resolution to practice mindful eating. You’ll see the difference.
2) Eat your greens: “Eat more fruits and veggies.” – We are listening this phrase since our childhood days. At home or school, this is something you’ll get to hear. We encourage you to add greens to your plate. Fruits and Vegetables will help you reach your nutritional requirement. Also, include a salad in your diet as it will keep you full for longer. Thus, reducing your chances of overeating.
3) Maintain a Food Journal: The journal idea might sound too much for many. But a food journal can help you keep track of your food intake. It can help identify unhealthy habits and trigger foods to eat more healthily. Though, an obsession is not at all encouraged as people often start getting anxious. So, maintain a healthy balance, practice healthy eating, and know what you’re consuming to make better choices.
4) Walk an extra mile: Don’t underestimate the power of walking. Walking can help you stay fit and healthy. So, setting a target of walking ten thousand steps daily can make a difference in your overall health. Walk or bike instead of driving everywhere you go if you can. Take stairs, walk and talk, and stay active.
5) Customize your workout routine: Start a workout routine tailored to you. There are plenty of options to choose from that allow you to customize a workout routine. Don’t follow what’s trending on social media or what your friend is doing. Choose what you like, get trained, and stay fit. It’s a great way to keep your body and mind in check. Keep 30-45 minutes aside for your daily workout, and you’ll notice the difference.
6) Lift weights: Include a strength-training program according to your fitness goals. Weight training builds muscles, burns fat improves bone strength, and boosts metabolism. This also increases endurance and promotes heart health. So, lift some weights and increase your overall strength.
7) Clear your drawers: Most of the time, our drawers or shelves contain unhealthy snacks. We often reach out to them when we feel hungry. So, this year, make a resolution to choose healthy snacks over unhealthy ones. Replace unhealthy snacks with dry fruits, fruits, popcorn, etc., and you’ll see the difference.
8) Slow down and Take a rest: Don’t spend your entire year running behind your goals. Life is much more than that and we encourage you to take a break. Spend some time with your friends and family, visit new places, and make new memories. This resolution will help you stay fit – mentally and physically. Mental health is crucial and should not be ignored.
9) Plan your meals: Meal planning is another important resolution that we should take this year. Cooking at home is good for your health as well as your pockets. Buy fresh vegetables and cook yourself. You can control the calories and portion size this way. Stop looking for shortcuts and prepare fresh meals. Your body will thank you for this change.
10) Change your lifestyle: To make a change in your health, you must first take an honest look at your current lifestyle. Analyze your rest days, quality of food, portion size, sitting posture, to name a few. What can change in the next twelve months that will enable you to start making changes to your health or fitness?
Happy New Year 2023! Stay fit and healthy. Also, share your resolutions for the year 2023 in the comment box below. Have a great year ahead. 🙂