Habits build people, and all of us know how good habits can bring changes into our life. The new year is here, and everyone will be setting targets for the upcoming year. Many will try to break bad habits and build new good ones. I still remember my childhood days, when our parents used to ask us our new year resolutions. All of us still set them, but not many achieve them. Let’s learn the resolutions to make and achieve this year.
Don’t worry you are not alone in this. All of us go through this. This time we will help you achieve some of your resolutions. Most of our resolutions are around habits. The most common one includes: eating healthy, exercising daily, reading books, learning something new, waking up early, and so on.
Don’t disappoint yourself this year. We will share a few good habits in this post that you can build this year. Also, let’s explore the ways you can perform better.
Resolutions to achieve this 2022:
- Being an early bird: Every year most of us set a resolution to wake up early, but end up failing. So, one way to achieve this is doing it slowly and learning gradually. Giving shocks to your body by trying to wake it up early will never help you. Suppose you want to shift to 6 a.m. from 8 a.m., start reducing 10- 10 minutes of your sleeping time. Gradually you will reach 6 a.m. and will build a new habit. Doing things this way gives your body some time to adjust. This tip might not sound great, but trust me, it will do wonders.
- Exercising Daily: I will join the gym this year- this is one of the most common statements that one might hear. Suddenly the enrollments in the gym start rising, but most of them disappear a week or month later. Set up small goals. If you want to build this habit of exercising daily, try devoting some time to it daily for 15-20 minutes. Gradually, you will start enjoying the process and result. And, this will ensure that you don’t back off this time. The 15-20 minutes of your favorite exercise will make you feel better and encourage you to do that daily.
- Reading habit: Reading books can always make you a better person. You will learn things that you’ve not even encountered. And, you can learn from the failures of others too. Building a habit of book reading is not that easy for everyone. So, rather than deciding to read many pages at a time, dedicate 15 minutes of your day to book reading. Set 15 minutes aside, pick your favorite book, and start with a few pages a day. Read some book reviews, grab your book, dedicate some time, and you’ll build this habit of book reading. Don’t stress yourself with targets. Enjoy the process.
- Learn a new skill: Things around us are changing faster than we can imagine. So, it is necessary to upgrade yourself with time. Look for what you’re best at, what you enjoy doing, and what’s new you would like to learn. Learning and upgrading your skills is never going to harm you. You will find better oppurtunities. So, pick anything you would love to learn and start working towards it.
- Eating healthy: No one would disagree that many try to switch to healthy food, but fail when their favorite dishes are in front of them. Don’t worry, this is natural, and even the healthiest person might have faced this problem initially. To build this habit, start switching your snacks with healthier alternatives. Also, swap your ingredients to prepare a healthy dish. Don’t eliminate your favorite snacks immediately, try fixing a day in a week when you’re going to have them. Eat healthy throughout the week and fix one time to have your favorite dish. This way you will stick to your target and will not miss your snacks. With time your craving will also decrease. Build healthy eating habits this way.
- Learn cooking: Cooking is a gender-neutral skill. Designating it to gender would make your life challenging. Each one of us should learn at least basic cooking. There are tons of websites, books, videos, etc., that can help you learn. Make a resolution to learn cooking this year.
- Digital detox: We are getting closer to technology day by day. Our day starts and ends with it. It has also made our lives easy, but do we have time for ourselves? All of us are busy in our world, with a little time remaining for loved ones. Digital detox habit is something you should try this year. This habit will improve your relationships with yourself and your family. Also, it has many other benefits that you can check here. So, try dedicating a few hours for a digital detox. Later you can increase it to a day or two.
- Self-care: With this busy world around us, it is important to practice self-care. How many of us dedicate time to this? Not many. It has benefits for our mood, mental health, and overall productivity. Take some time out for yourself. Do what you enjoy doing. Learn something new, listen to music, do anything that makes you happy and relaxed. Even not doing anything for a day is a form of self-care. Enjoy your life.
- Follow your passion: Now, this might not look like a new year’s resolution. But, we encourage you to add this one because many are afraid of taking that first step. This year promise yourself to take that first step, follow your dreams, work towards your goals, and you’ll notice a change in your life for sure.
- Don’t make assumptions: Is this a new year’s resolution? Probably, this is the best you can do for yourself and your relationships. We often make too many assumptions regarding someone without even asking them. Change this approach, start questioning, ask them, have a conversation, and speak your heart out. This way, your mental health and relationships with others will improve.
- Financial literacy: Having money in a bank account and spending it the way you want is not the best way to deal with your money. Financial literacy is a person’s capability to understand and effectively use diverse financial skills, including personal financial management, budgeting, and investing. So, use your money wisely.
Most of these resolutions talk about learning gradually because that’s the best way to build habits. Giving a shock to yourself and your body will not help in the long run.
These habits can help you make yourself better than yesterday. Also, drop your resolutions in the comment box.
Wish you all a very Happy New year 2022. 🙂