To all those tempting diet plans available online and the never-ending range of quick fixes(crash diets) and miracles. No one likes sweating out when there are tons of plans a click away.
Cheers! You’re trapped in the promise of unrealistic results with minimum efforts.
Tons of weight loss plans on just one click increases the problem of what to choose and what not. A weight-loss journey for most of us starts with few assumptions, expectations, doubts, and most importantly with the excitement to make a change in our existing lifestyle.
I have also experienced all of this in my weight loss journey. There was a lot of confusion in the beginning about the changes I have to make, what should I eat and what I shouldn’t, and is there any perfect diet plan to reach my goals as quick as possible. Answer to all my questions was just a click away and I was bombarded with tons of diet plans(crash diets) that claim to reduce maximum weight within a month, and it seems more like a competition among all of them 😛
WELCOME TO THE WEIGHT-LOSS GUIDE AND LOSE 5-7 KGS IN A WEEK !!
SOUNDS FAMILIAR, RIGHT?
Such false claims can be seen in almost all the quick fixes which the beginners run for at the beginning of their weight-loss journey.
Crash diets are weight-loss diets attempted on a dire, short-term basis with the point of accomplishing quick outcomes. A charismatic thing about these diets is their claim to “accelerate the weight-loss process and achieve the goal weight as quickly as possible”.All these things sound easy and effective, but how true is that?
Crash diets” are very-low-calorie diets, which are usually very restrictive in nature and followed for a short period.
What makes crash diets trending?
Crash- diets are famous for their quick results and super easy ways to achieve weight- goals. These easy steps can help you get rid of extra-kgs, which have been there for a long-long time 😛
Hoping for the extra weight to go away soon is a great idea but at the cost of crash-diets which are not sustainable at all.
THERE ARE FEW QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE STEPPING INTO THE WORLD OF FAD DIETS?
CAN YOU BE REALLY HAPPY WITHOUT YOUR FAVORITE DISHES?
CAN YOU FOLLOW THEM RELIGIOUSLY THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE?
ARE THEY SUSTAINABLE?
If your answer is yes, go ahead with them.
Crash diets being highly restrictive are nutritionally unbalanced and can have a huge impact on mental and physical health.
MENTAL HEALTH FALLS:
- Diet and emotions share a special bond, and the breakup between the two can disbalance your entire physical and mental health. There are many other personal issues that can have a bad impact on mental health and a poor diet and poor physical health is a “cherry on the cake”.
- Too many restrictions will not only deprive you of adequate nutrition but you’ll end up hating your diet plan. And these plans aren’t sustainable as well.
- You might have to bid goodbye to your favorite dishes like icecreams, cake, chocolates, burgers, pizza, and the list goes on. These diet plans require strict low-calorie meals and you have to eliminate most of them. You’ll end up giving up the plan and will end up with the old diet plan that resulted in weight gain and the cycle continues.
- It’s always a better option to follow a sustainable and balanced diet plan which allows you to enjoy both, healthy and favorite dishes. Sustainable diet plans can be followed for a long duration and help in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Crash diets make it difficult to enjoy the weight loss journey and regaining the lost weight will be much more irritating. The results will not last long and you’ll end up at the starting point again.
Everything we consume is a reward to our body, physically and mentally. Food is meant to be enjoyed, and if we’re not able to enjoy our diet plan, there’s no use of following it. Our ultimate goal is to be healthy and happy.
HITTING THE PHYSICAL HEALTH:
There’s a simple science behind it, our bodies need proper nutrients to function properly, and depriving it (if not taken care of with proper supplements) of them will lead to health- problems. Let’s explore the problems associated with them:
- CAUSES DEHYDRATION: Quick weight loss is a result of “losing the water-weight”, but that’s not the ideal way if you’re looking for long-term results. Glycogen stores, which are a source of energy that ties water, are drained quicker than the fat cells releasing the water. Along these lines, when you begin eating again, your body will renew glycogen and water store and the weight gain cycle begins.
- ENERGY LEVELS DROPS DOWN: Most of the weight loss in such diets is due to the reduction of water and the glycogen level in the body, and lack of nutrients and vitamins in your diet can further increase the drop in energy levels.
- METABOLISM TAKES THE BACK SEAT: The weight loss success story is about metabolism and the main hero here is “muscle mass”. Want to stay in shape forever? Target the muscle mass. Restrictive diets can result in loss of muscle mass because your body will break down the muscle for energy and fuel. Muscle is more metabolically active when compared to fat. Thus, building muscle mass with a proper diet plan (includes your favorite dishes) can help you achieve a sustainable weight-loss.
- SAY BYE TO IMMUNE SYSTEM AND HI TO DISEASES: Lack of proper vitamins and minerals will hit your immune system hard. And this low-immune system will make you prone to illness and thus you’ll end sticking to the bed for days or even for weeks. These inactive days on the bed will lead to reduced physical activity and you’ll eventually regain the lost weight. Further, avoiding all the fatty- foods from the diet will reduce the body’s ability to absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are necessary to support the immune system.
It begins with false claims…..
Losing weight quickly might look tempting but they can have a bad impact on health, and sometimes for a longer-term also. It is always better to nourish your body with a healthy nutritious diet plan and tasty treats once in a week. Stay active and exercise at least twice or thrice a week. Following the sustainable diet plan and realistic goals will help you cherish every moment of your weight loss journey.
I have not followed any of the crash diets and still achieved my healthy weight 🙂 😛
Cherish every moment and enjoy the journey!