Teacher’s day is here, and we appreciate their role in our lives. So, let’s see the significance of the teacher’s day, why it is celebrated and how all of us are the student of life. The experiences and interactions since our early childhood days shape our lives to a greater extent. So, no matter who we are and where we start, our early childhood experiences and parents will play the biggest role. Here we will learn about being a student of life, a philosophy to live by.
Significance of teacher’s day:
Teacher’s day is celebrated every year on 5 September in honor of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan to celebrate his work in the education field. He was a well-known scholar, recipient of Bharat Ratna, first Vice-President, and the second President of independent India.
According to him, education is about gaining knowledge beyond what is academic and professional. Education is about the values that are necessary to face life’s challenges. Building wisdom and humanity in the person’s heart is an essential purpose that education must serve.
Professional, scientific, and technological attainments are pointless if the person lacks basic humanity and wisdom. So, he always focused on the overall development of a human being.
The future of our country lies in the hands of children and teachers as well.
Mutual respect and understanding between the student and teacher would create a better learning environment. There’s always something to learn from someone. So, the teacher’s day is to remind everyone about the role of the teacher in our lives and acknowledge their challenges.
So, on this teacher’s day, We encourage you to move a step further and be a student of life.
Let’s be comfortable with the unexplored.
How to be a Student of Life?
There’s always something to learn from the people around us. Don’t let the age deceive you and free yourself to see the wisdom.
We get our formal education from schools and colleges. All of us aim for the best. But, how often do we recognize the fact that learning never stops? There are times when you have to learn, unlearn and relearn. Life is the best teacher and you start enjoying your life when you accept this fact. Here is how you can be a student of life.
- Explore the unknown: Learning is never enough, and we are not talking about your formal education and courses. Most of us often get uneasy with the thought of not knowing enough. Let me tell you a secret you’ll never know everything even after doing a plethora of courses, degrees, anything. So, be okay with the fact of not knowing enough rather than being embarrassed.
- Stay Curious: Your curiosity can take you the places where your formal knowledge can’t. Once you learn this, you’ll learn something new almost every day. Curiosity makes the mind stronger and helps discover potential and opportunities. You’ll never regret being curious, trust me.
- Meet new people: Introverts will not like this advice, and we can understand that. 😛 But there’s no harm in knowing someone. We are not asking you to spend hours with someone but interacting with people from different age groups, backgrounds, castes, religions, gender, etc., will teach you a lot. This practice will enhance your perspective on various things.
- Travel often: You’ll never regret this decision. Pack your bags and explore different places. You might not like traveling, but even a short trip to the nearest spot can make a difference. You don’t have to cross continents to learn new things, just go and meet people around you. Small communities can teach you a lot.
- Read, Read, Read: Reading different books will improve your overall life. Reading allows you to learn from various people and their lives. So, a good book can teach you different ways of managing work and relationships. There are amazing authors out there who have shared their wisdom through their books.
- Learn from your mistakes: We have our way of dealing with the problem. But, trust me all of us have them, and life is not a bed of roses. So, seek help if you need it and come out stronger. You’ll realize how much potential a mistake has to teach us important life lessons. That’s how you become a student of life.
- Take Risks: Don’t spend your entire life in a comfort zone. Come out of that zone and see how high you can fly. You can continue your job; we are not here to bombard you with toxic positivity about leaving everything and going after your passion. Go after your passion but give yourself some time. Work and explore different things.
- Do many firsts: We often want to try and explore something new. But, our fear of not being perfect doesn’t allow us to make that first move. When was the last time you did something for the first time? So, be confident and do many firsts. That’s the only way to discover your true potential and learn. Write your first blog, sing your first song, publish your first book, cook your first dish, apply for your dream job and see how life amazes you.
- Learn new skills: We are not talking about learning a job-related skill. Though, you should upskill yourself. But, try learning other skills like cooking, riding a car, or a bike, to name a few. These skills will always help you.
- Serve the society: The last and the most crucial step to being a student of life. Volunteering gives a lot of satisfaction. So, pick an area of your interest and support a cause. You’ll be happier, more energetic, and more responsible. All of us can serve society in different ways. An act of random kindness is always appreciated.
Here ends our list of different ways to be a student of life. So, on this teacher’s day, let’s wish our life a very Happy teacher’s day. Life has a lot to teach, and we will always remain its student.