” Do what you love,” we have heard this many times, but do you have the courage to stand up for the things you love? The answer lies here.
How often do you spend time with yourself? How often do you listen to yourself or prioritize yourself? There are many other questions, for which the question starts with you, and you’re the only one who can answer them for yourself. Since our childhood, we were asked to focus on studies more than anything else. Though they aren’t wrong, many people are doing great and will continue to do great in academics. But, this doesn’t devalue any other talent like painting, art, sports, singing, dancing, writing, photography, cinematography, etc.
Why we are talking about this is because this is something very close to our lives. We witness people doing jobs and loving it, and we have another bunch of people who’re not so happy with their jobs. Why is this so? Because most often, a successful career is confused with a high salary or a flashy title. And, this brings us closer to the concept of – doing something you love.
Hating Mondays, waiting for the weekends, not liking the job that brings food to your table, or fulfilling your desires is not the feeling we deserve. What is missing here is probably your satisfaction and happiness.
So let’s get into some great reasons that will inspire you to do something you love and your soul cherishes.
- Boost productivity: You’ll never be productive if you’re doing something you don’t love. You will never feel like learning something new or upgrading your skills, and with all that, your overall performance will lack passion. Not feeling motivated or inspired will directly impact your productivity. Instead, try working on something you love, and you’ll be surprised to find how excellent you perform, which will eventually give you satisfaction.
- You’ll not need external motivation: External motivation is a myth and probably the most unsustainable practice. You can’t push yourself every day with quotes, songs, videos, etc. There are some days when we don’t feel motivated. And, there’s no problem if you experience such days, but the problem arises when you do that every day. Your passion should drive you to your goals, and this happens when you do what you love. There’s a sense of excitement and happiness which you’ll experience when you do something you love.
- Your mental health will improve: Mental health is as important as your physical health. And, you can enhance both of these health factors by making small lifestyle changes. It will be wonderful if people focus and grow on things they cherish. You don’t have to externally motivate you or encourage you, as your happiness will drive you to the things you love. And this will automatically improve your mental health. You’ll be living more and worrying less.
- Sense of self-satisfaction: We are not here to pay bills only, but to live a healthy, happy life. No rewards can bring you self-satisfaction if you’re not doing the things you love. Our ultimate goal is to be happy, and doing what you love gets a sense of self-satisfaction. And, this will not only impact your career but will also improve your life outside the office. Even a small step towards something you love will give you more satisfaction than anything else.
- You’ll inspire: There are very few people who dare to work for the things they love, as many feel it is risky. So, be the one who is willing to work for his/ her dream life. You’ll inspire many to realize their full potential. Inspire people around you, and you will find many who do what they love.
- You’ll be successful: The meaning of success varies from person to person. For some, it is about money, and for some, it is about fame. But, when you do something you love, you’ll try to improve yourself every day, and it is a self-learning process. You’ll improve every day, and your passion will eventually make you successful.
- Work not to work: Leave out the activities you don’t like, and focus on what you love to do throughout the day. The things you love to do will never look like actual work or something you have to motivate yourself externally. You will enjoy every moment, and you’ll learn and improve your performance every single day. Enjoy doing your work and live peacefully.
- More work and fewer excuses: Remember the time when all of us made excuses to avoid something. We make excuses, but we make more of them when we have to do something we don’t want to do. So, when you do something you like, you’ll make fewer excuses and always be happy to work on something new, even if it sounds challenging.
Give yourself a chance to break the fear and move towards something you love to do. We have many examples around us that continue to inspire us every day. Self-care is also an important element of self-love. Here are some ways to practice self-care.
A child will always do what he/ she loves, and all of us encourage him or her to dream higher. But, after growing up, we put so many restrictions on those dreams in the name of reality. And, this fear doesn’t let him/her utilize their full potential. So, think of yourself as a child and a dreamlike one. Also, don’t forget that you’ll inspire not only your kids but also everyone around you.
Let’s empower each other and create a happier world!
YogeshJune 20, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Nice Article, the way you express your words and desrcibe it was so good. Yes, I always believe in the saying we should do things what we love. It will not only help you to be happy but there will be always a love and interest on that work. So I will do follow your articles. Do write more interesting blogs.
Vandana SharmaJune 20, 2021 at 3:47 pm
Thank you so much yogesh. Glad you liked it. 🙂
Alpana DeoJune 30, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Cant agree more Vandana. I am a firm believer that when we do what we love, we don’t see it as work, Rather we enjoy it and we become an ongoing learner. I am happy to be indulged in two things that I love to do -writing and podcasting
HumairaJuly 3, 2021 at 9:46 pm
The way you express your words and desrcibe it was superb. what you love to do can be challenging. Great thoughts.
DiyaJuly 3, 2021 at 10:33 pm
Well writting Article, the way you express your words and desrcibe it was so good.This is very information about 8 best reasons to do what love. I will share it. Everyone will get it. Thanks for this.
indiacafe24July 3, 2021 at 11:52 pm
I am having few more reasons with me which I will love adding to your list of reasons as to why we should do what we love. Will share soon
Milan SinghalJuly 4, 2021 at 12:10 am
these are the lovely reasons u have mentioned to do what you love. N, when u do that, work becomes a breeze.
JeannineJuly 4, 2021 at 6:10 am
Such inspiring words that made me think of myself and how I do my parenting with my daughters. That 2nd to the last paragraph is very powerful. Thanks for writing this.
Hema DadhwalJuly 4, 2021 at 7:14 am
Vandana how interesting, I am working on one video it talks about absolutely same idea…. Self love self care n stand up for all that ! Looks like we are quite likeminded ❤️Lovely article 👍🏻
Rakhi ParsaiJuly 4, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Hey Vandana, this is the first time I have come to your website and love reading your thoughts. Indeed it’s a great feeling when we do things that our mind and heart desire and loves.
Manisha GargJuly 4, 2021 at 4:16 pm
I have personally gone through this phase wherein I tried to work just for the heck of it but wasn’t happy. Things took a toll.
I agree with you feel like a child and breakfree, do what you like and small things can give you happiness.
Rakhi JayashankarJuly 4, 2021 at 7:54 pm
It is an important reminder Vandana. I have been deviating from doing what I love. You just pumped me up.💕
Yogita JoshiJuly 4, 2021 at 11:11 pm
Couldn’t agree more. Doing what we love, it gives us sense of happiness and gives us time out. The way you penned it is so perfect. Loved reading it
Subhra SaswatiJuly 5, 2021 at 10:42 am
This just made my day. All the points have been not down so nicely. Loved it. Keep posting such beautiful contents. This is really helpful