Now, since you know what Keto is and how it works, it’s time for you to learn the next step of it, that is, how the keto diet is planned and executed. You heard it right, Keto needs planning as it requires you to focus on foods rich in fats and low in carbs. Mostly, all the food items that we consume daily have carbs- more or less! Best diet plans are those which needs less preparation time and hold more shelf life. Indian cuisine is rich in carbs and fitting in the keto requires a lot more effort than others. But, we do have certain vegetables and grains that are low in carbs and can turnout out to be extremely nutritious. Keto diet will allow you to hit the high-fat food and they are in demand because of the taste they have. Most of the foods rich in fats are good in taste, so this diet allows you to enjoy your favorite high-fat food (low in carbs).
Read Here : https://energeticreads.com/2019/12/17/do-you-actually-need-to-eat-fat-to-lose-fat-ketomyths/
Vegetables that blend well with Keto :
- Mint, coriander, mustard leaves, and spinach
- Ginger, garlic, onion, and cucumber, Bell Peppers
- Bottle gourd(karela), eggplant(baingan), french beans, okra(Ladyfinger ), and broccoli.
- Tomato, mushroom, sweet potato, carrots and radish can be used in moderation.
All these vegetables are low in fats, but rich in fiber.
Dairy Products on Keto Diet :
- Cottage cheese (paneer)
- Butter and fresh cream
Cottage Cheese and cheese contain negligible amount of carbs, which makes them superior over milk and curd in the keto diet. Full-Fat milk products have high fats, low carbs, and moderate protein which makes them a major source of calcium and protein for vegetarians.Dairy is typically a low carb food,but it is important to remember that it still contains carbs.
Nuts and Seeds :
Nuts are high in fat and it contains a moderate amount of protein and carbs as well. You can always include them in your diet, but make sure to control the portion size.
Herbs and Spices :
All the herbs and spices are allowed since they have a very low amount of carbs and can be added to enhance the taste and color of the food.
- Soya nuggets
- Soya chunks
- Soy/ Almond milk
Legumes and Lentils :
Legumes you can include in your diet :
- Kala Chana
- Kabuli Chana
- Kulith (Horse gram)
Try to add a few pulses (dal) in your diet and make sure the carbs are controlled.The food mentioned above should be taken carefully as they have carbs which can cause trouble if taken in large amounts, otherwise avoid.
Cooking Oil / Fat :
Keto Diet demands high- fat which makes this choice a little easier. Opt for ghee, butter or cream. Coconut Oil and olive oils are preferred more above all.
Most of the fruits are high in Carbs, which makes it difficult to choose. With the right pick, you can enjoy nature’s delight guilt-free and still maintain your Keto Diet.
Non-Vegetarian Food Options :
6.Fish (Salmon, Tuna, Sardines)
Since the Keto Diet cuts most of the food options that Vegans rely on, it requires a lot more preparation and careful execution so that you get all the required nutrients and nourish your body.
- Coconut products: Full-fat coconut milk, coconut cream, unsweetened coconut.
- Oils: Olive oil, nut oil, coconut oil, avocado oil.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Nut and seed butter: Peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Leafy greens, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms.
- Vegan protein sources: Full-fat tofu
- Vegan full-fat “dairy”: Coconut yogurt, vegan butter, cashew cheese, vegan cream cheese.
- Avocados: Whole avocados, guacamole.
- Berries: Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries can be enjoyed in moderation.
- Condiments: Nutritional yeast, fresh herbs, lemon juice, salt, pepper, spices.
Diet plan for the vegetarians and non-vegetarians
Foods you should avoid :
IF YOU’RE DIABETIC :
Keto diet can help people with diabetes. It helps prevent a sudden surge in blood glucose level which can eventually lead to a decrease in the dose of medications, and who wouldn’t want a life like that?
If you’re diabetic on insulin but want to give Keto a try then it’s extremely important to monitor the blood sugar levels daily. This is very much helpful for people with Type-2 Diabetes and for pre-diabetics to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes mellitus.
There are many Indian Brands which are making Keto-friendly snacks especially for the Keto-Dieters:
- Ketofy: World’s healthiest factories of Low carb, Low glycemic and sugarless Foods.
Do you think snacking is tough in Keto? Ketofy is Ketofying everything and enabling millions to execute keto and low carb diets in the healthiest way possible. Their Ketofy approach doesn’t require people to change their existing dietary patterns and enjoy the best Keto versions of their favorite food items which allows them to reap numerous health benefits of a natural low carb paradigm. They have a wide variety of options:
- Keto Bars, Keto Chocolates, Keto Essentials, Keto Namkeens, Low-Carb Products, Nut Butters, Keto Cookies, Keto Beverages, Keto Sauces, Keto Staples, Keto Supplements and you can also gift their healthy and Keto friendly gift packs to your loved ones and friends.
Buy Here: https://www.ketofy.in/
2.Lo Foods !: They offer low carb delights and their mission is: “BY 2023, WE AIM TO REDUCE THE INCIDENCE OF OBESITY, CARDIAC AND DIABETES RELATED DISEASES BY 5 MILLION. “
India is the country with the highest rate of diabetes and heart attacks. All these diseases are lifestyle based and most of them can be corrected or at least prevented with the right food choices. Their products include Low carb and Keto friendly atta, Low carb and Keto Chocolates, Low Carb and Keto friendly Namkeens and biscuits, and indulge in your sweets guilt-free with them as they also offer Low Carb and Keto friendly Desserts.
Can’t decide what to choose?
Try their Lo! Food Sampler Hamper: Sample has 8 of its products in 1 serving size (typically). These cover: Atta, Desserts, Biscuits, Namkeens, Mixtures, Almonds.
Buy Here: https://lofoods.fit/
3. Feel Mighty: Bake the world a better place with Feel Mighty.Feel Mighty helps you indulge in your favorite cookies and brownies without any guilt. Their brownies and cookies have the two most beneficial and hard to get macronutrients – Protein and Fiber. Moreover, all of them are low cal and low carb with negligible sugar. So, you can have the best of both worlds. The blend of a good amount of protein, fiber, and decent carb makes them the must-haves for the weight watchers and sweet lovers. Low carb diet brownies fit into any fat loss diet. It’s gluten-free and Keto friendly Brownies are offered in different flavors like dark chocolate fudge, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate walnut. And, their cookies have two special flavors double chocolate and almond chocolate chip. Each cookie is packed with 15 g of protein, just 4g Net Carbs and is gluten-free! They are primarily sweetened with natural sweetener stevia and a negligible amount of sugar content that comes from almonds, extra dark chocolate, etc. Gift this perfect blend of health and sweetness to your loved ones and enjoy effortless nutrition.
Buy Here: https://www.feelmighty.com/
Stay Fit ! Stay Active ! Stay Healthy !
Love Yourself !