With that cold breeze, cozy-warm blankets, cold-foggy mornings, we are going to enter the crazy winter season. Festivals, parties, and weddings are some of the best parts of this upcoming season. It is probably the best time of the year to sit with a cup of tea in warm blankets and enjoy warm food. We are blessed to have a plethora of healthy options in our India snacks to offer. And, this can help us to host a healthy part this festive season. Let’s explore Indian snacks for party.
These occasions allow us to celebrate and spend some time together. And, many complain of weight gain during this season due to various reasons. Let’s make it easy for them. Parties can have healthy snack options without compromising taste. So, let’s make this season a healthier one, where we indulge guilt-free. Also, let’s explore a few party snacks for our weight-conscious friends. And, learn how to host a healthy party this festive season.
We are blessed to have so many snack options. Name a state here, and you can get a list of healthy snacks.
Easy Indian snacks for party:
- Paneer tikka: We Indians love it. The good news here is that it is one of the healthy snacks with good fat. It can keep you full for a longer time and is also a good source of protein. But, go easy with dipping sauces, as they will increase your calorie intake faster.
- Khaman Dhokla: This Gujarati dish is one of the best snacking options cooked in steam as it is low in calories with low oil content. One piece of khaman dhokla has 73 calories. So, serve this tasty- fluffy dhokla this festive season.
- Bhel Puri: Super tasty and super easy to prepare, bhel puri is relished by almost everyone. Ingredients like bhel, sev, tomatoes, potato, onion, etc, make it a healthy snack. So, serve this with sweet and sour chutneys to enhance their taste.
- Bread Poha: This unique healthy snack is easy to prepare, just like normal poha. You can make them healthier by adding veggies and using less oil. Though the normal poha is healthier than bread poha. But, the latter works as a healthy snack alternative.
- Oats Tikki/ Cutlets: Oats are a good source of nutrition with antioxidant properties. You can use them for making tikkis/ cutlets after adding vegetables. This will allow you to enjoy tasty cutlets with amazing health benefits guilt-free.
- Sprouts Chaat: Chaat is often considered unhealthy, but moong daal/ sprouts can be a healthy snack alternative. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, coriander, etc to give them a healthy tasty twist.
- Vegetable sandwich: Delicious sandwiches loaded with vegetables can be your next pick. They are easy to prepare and can be served with mint or coriander chutney. Make sure you don’t go overboard.
- Roasted Nuts: Nuts are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. And, this makes them a healthy snack option. Though few of them are high in calories too, so avoid having too much. It is advisable to use less salt while roasting them.
- Cinnamon Cookies: Cinnamon, since ancient times is known for various health benefits like coughing, sore throat, etc. The taste is awesome and can be added while making cookies. Whole wheat flour and a few dry fruits can give them a healthier touch.
- Corn chaat: The crispy chaat made in barbeque nation style goes well in cocktail parties. Being a good probiotic, corns can boost metabolism and aids in the digestion process. Give your parties a healthier touch with this amazing chaat.
- Hosting a healthy party is not a complex task when you have so many options on your platter.
- With many people moving towards a healthier lifestyle, it is always good to include healthier options in your parties.
- This gives them a choice and they won’t skip your parties too. 😛
- Though, it doesn’t mean that you should leave the food you love. It will just allow you to choose something healthier.
- Many of our Indian dishes can get a healthy touch by swapping a few ingredients.
Wish you all a very happy festive season and enjoy your festive season with these healthy Indian snacks for party. 🙂 Also, check out the tips to relish the festive season.
JeannineNovember 8, 2021 at 7:59 am
Oh this is so helpful. As festivities comes, we mostly get carried away with food and fun. Who doesn’t?!? If there’s a way not to feel guilty after eating too much for days, then why not make your meals a healthy version so there’s no guilt afterwards! What a great idea! I for sure will be getting some recipes from this article’s list!!! Oh gosh, I’m excited!!!
Anjali TripathiNovember 8, 2021 at 11:19 am
This is a must-read article for everyone. Festivities involve gatherings of family and friends, and, on occasion, we eat out or indulge in fried and junk food. That is why it is important to keep track of what we eat by eating wisely and balancing it out. Oats Tikki and sprout chats are my favourites.
DiyaNovember 13, 2021 at 11:16 pm
Wow this is so amazing post. This is helpful and useful for us. I am glad you shared that how to host a healthy party this festivr season. Party is very enjoying us. Everyone liked enjoy party . Thanks for sharing.
Sandy N VyjayNovember 14, 2021 at 1:50 pm
The festive season is a time when we tend to put on those extra inches of fat. Thanks to all the sweets and savouries. You have given a really healthy and light spread that is sure to curate a healthy party. Some of the snacks like Khaman Dhokla and Bhel Puri are our favourites too.
Dipika SinghNovember 14, 2021 at 4:06 pm
The post has come at the right time, we have a family gathering coming up and it is time I have to re-look at the menu. Also, I make sure to add lots of healthy drinks, that add as coolers and also cut the need of eating much.
Indiacafe24November 14, 2021 at 5:57 pm
This is a lovely post and it will actually help me to host my new year party at home. Thank you so much dear for sharing such an informative post
Manisha GargNovember 14, 2021 at 7:07 pm
Your suggestions are really good. No compromise on the taste content but much healthier options than we follow generally.
Ambica GulatiNovember 14, 2021 at 8:13 pm
I like all your suggestions. I make all of them at home, except paneer tikka. And I find them guilt-free indulgence and healthy too!
Sindhu Vinod NarayanNovember 15, 2021 at 12:30 am
I just loved the healthy options that you have shared here. With people moving on towards healthy lifestyle this would definitely be welcomed.
Jhilmil D SahaNovember 15, 2021 at 6:46 pm
The healthy food options that you have shared here are so nice, both tasty and healthy. We often feel worried to attend parties as there can be some unhealthy food eating involved.
MeenalSonalNovember 15, 2021 at 8:13 pm
Yes, if we are mindful in selection of the items, then we can host a healthy party often. Liked the list of dishes you mentioned, shall pick Corn chaat and sprouts chaat as it can be served cold too.
AakritiNovember 16, 2021 at 10:17 am
During festive seasons parties and unhealthy eating do become our normal. But Not with these healthy snack options. Thank you for the amazing options.
Rakhi JayashankarNovember 16, 2021 at 10:18 am
Such variety options. Wow. I am sharing this to my clients and also bookmarking the page. Thanks dear
Shreya JainNovember 16, 2021 at 10:25 am
Festive parties play a major role in increasing unhealthy diets. Your post describes beautifully the ways to be healthy during the festive season.
The Champa TreeNovember 16, 2021 at 10:28 am
I have never tried bread poha..it seems like a amazing option. I am trying this recipe soon
Outset BooksNovember 16, 2021 at 10:30 am
Amazing suggestions. Much helpful. Some of them I didn’t even know we’re low calorie like bhel puri n all. Taste and health wow
Richa NimeshwariNovember 16, 2021 at 11:03 pm
Thanks for sharing this helpful article. This will help me in planning party menu. All the recipe ideas are amazing, tasty and healthy.