With that cold breeze, cozy-warm blankets, cold-foggy mornings, we are going to enter the crazy winter season. Festivals, parties, and weddings are some of the best parts of this upcoming season. It is probably the best time of the year to sit with a cup of tea in warm blankets and enjoy warm food. We are blessed to have a plethora of healthy options in our India snacks to offer. And, this can help us to host a healthy part this festive season.
These occasions allow us to celebrate and spend some time together. And, many complain of weight gain during this season due to various reasons. Let’s make it easy for them. Parties can have healthy snack options without compromising taste. So, let’s make this season a healthier one, where we indulge guilt-free. Also, let’s explore a few party snacks for our weight-conscious friends. And, learn how to host a healthy party this festive season.
We are blessed to have so many snack options. Name a state here, and you can get a list of healthy snacks.
Healthy party snacks:
- Paneer tikka: We Indians love it. The good news here is that it is one of the healthy snacks with good fat. It can keep you full for a longer time and is also a good source of protein. But, go easy with dipping sauces, as they will increase your calorie intake faster.
- Khaman Dhokla: This Gujarati dish is one of the best snacking options cooked in steam as it is low in calories with low oil content. One piece of khaman dhokla has 73 calories. So, serve this tasty- fluffy dhokla this festive season.
- Bhel Puri: Super tasty and super easy to prepare, bhel puri is relished by almost everyone. Ingredients like bhel, sev, tomatoes, potato, onion, etc, make it a healthy snack. So, serve this with sweet and sour chutneys to enhance their taste.
- Bread Poha: This unique healthy snack is easy to prepare, just like normal poha. You can make them healthier by adding veggies and using less oil. Though the normal poha is healthier than bread poha. But, the latter works as a healthy snack alternative.
- Oats Tikki/ Cutlets: Oats are a good source of nutrition with antioxidant properties. You can use them for making tikkis/ cutlets after adding vegetables. This will allow you to enjoy tasty cutlets with amazing health benefits guilt-free.
- Sprouts Chaat: Chaat is often considered unhealthy, but moong daal/ sprouts can be a healthy snack alternative. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, coriander, etc to give them a healthy tasty twist.
- Vegetable sandwich: Delicious sandwiches loaded with vegetables can be your next pick. They are easy to prepare and can be served with mint or coriander chutney. Make sure you don’t go overboard.
- Roasted Nuts: Nuts are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. And, this makes them a healthy snack option. Though few of them are high in calories too, so avoid having too much. It is advisable to use less salt while roasting them.
- Cinnamon Cookies: Cinnamon, since ancient times is known for various health benefits like coughing, sore throat, etc. The taste is awesome and can be added while making cookies. Whole wheat flour and a few dry fruits can give them a healthier touch.
- Corn chaat: The crispy chaat made in barbeque nation style goes well in cocktail parties. Being a good probiotic, corns can boost metabolism and aids in the digestion process. Give your parties a healthier touch with this amazing chaat.
- Hosting a healthy party is not a complex task when you have so many options on your platter.
- With many people moving towards a healthier lifestyle, it is always good to include healthier options in your parties.
- This gives them a choice and they won’t skip your parties too. 😛
- Though, it doesn’t mean that you should leave the food you love. It will just allow you to choose something healthier.
- Many of our Indian dishes can get a healthy touch by swapping a few ingredients.
Wish you all a very happy festive season and enjoy your festive season with healthy party snacks. 🙂 Also, check out the tips to relish the festive season.