If you’re still wondering whether you should invest in home gym equipment or not, then the new normal is why you should. Pandemic-induced lockdown resulted in the closing of gyms, restriction of movements, social distancing, etc. So, this makes it the best reason why you should invest in home gym equipment or home-workout equipment. Investing in any such thing is like a direct investment in health, and it will reward you every single day. They will give another reason to stay fit while working from home and you can reduce pandemic stress and anxiety, as well. So, double benefits- improve your mental health and physical health.
Reasons to invest in your home gym equipment/workout equipment:
- Your space, Your time: It is essential to follow a routine and keep some time aside for your workouts. But, having the workout/gym equipment at home can make your task easy, especially in winters when you don’t feel like stepping out. Do it whenever you want to. It is sometimes difficult to stay motivated, but our few tips will help you stay motivated even when you are working out at home.
- Gym fees: If you find your gym fees too high, invest one time in workout/gym equipment and enjoy the benefits in the longer run. They will help you stay fit and save some money you otherwise would spend on a gym membership. Also, you will save money on workout clothes. Though, it is advisable to exercise in proper workout clothes as it can boost confidence and motivation. But, when working out at home, you have no more excuse for missing workouts, like not having suitable clothes for workouts.
- Safe environment: With the new normal and social distancing norms, it is advisable to avoid gyms for some time. So, invest in this equipment and work out at home. Keep yourself safe and healthy.
- It’s all yours: Sometimes you have to wait for your turn at the gym for equipment others are using. So, when you have them at home, you don’t have to waste extra time completing an exercise. You can do anything, anywhere.
- Feel free: Many people feel insecure while working out in a group of unknowns, especially in the gym. So, if you’re the one who thinks like that, you can go for home workouts with workout/gym-equipments. We advise you to stay confident and focus on your exercise, even if you’re working out.
Home Gym equipment, you could invest in:
- Skipping rope: As you can not step out for running, jogging, or walking, jumping rope is one of the best cardio exercises as it increases heart rate. And other benefits include improved concentration, bones, coordination, stamina, etc. Have a safe cardio session using ropes and stay active. It can be your travel partner, too, as it is super easy to carry and takes significantly less space. Buy one and keep it with yourself.
- Dumbbells: No, we are not telling you to get all the weights, but buy few dumbbells for your home workouts. You have to be careful while using weights, as the wrong form can create various problems, especially a bad posture. They can help you target almost every body part, which means that investing in a pair of dumbbells can help you get a full-body workout at home.
- Barbells: Barbell workouts need a most proper form. It’s not that other exercises don’t need much attention. You have to focus on the correct form while working out. They are cheap and are helpful for both strength training and cardio workouts. And, they can also help you get a full-body workout if done right.
- Resistance Bands: Lightweight to carry and occupies less space, and are great alternatives to machines. Resistance bands are helpful for compound exercises and best for the lower body burn. They are available with and without handles. Longer bands with handles can work best for the upper body and core workouts. So, don’t hesitate to invest in one, and you can even carry them with you. And, this gives an excellent opportunity to exercise even when you’re on tour.
- Stability ball: Stability ball helps improve core strength, flexibility, and balance. Using this ball in your cardio workouts can help you boost the burn. A stability ball can make simple exercises more fun and can make workouts intense.
- Kettlebells: Can’t step out for a jog or a run? Kettlebells provide a great non-running cardio alternative. They improve balance, core strength, stability and can help you get some fat-burning workouts. Kettlebells combine strength training with HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and gives you an intense full-body workout in 20 minutes a day.
- Punching bag: Heavy bag, also known as a punching bag, is common among boxers. But, it has many other health benefits too. It improves strength, power, builds your endurance, improves balance and stability, and can help you relieve some stress. Exercise releases happy hormones, endorphins or you can punch the bag as hard as possible, imagining it as your problems. 😛 Both ways work as a perfect stress reducer.
- TRX Cables: The word TRX here stands for total body resistance exercises. And, as the name suggests, they target the entire body. They are super easy to use and can be set up anywhere-home, gym, hotel, or even in a park. You can use them even if you’re a beginner. So, get yours and build a rock-solid core.
- Yoga mat: No matter which exercises you’re doing, what equipments you’re using, a yoga mat is helpful for almost everyone. Because of its anti-slipping nature, the yoga mats can help you keep your hold strong and balance your body.
- Treadmill: The costlier one among all others, the treadmill can help you get a good cardio workout. They are easy to use, and you can also try increasing the intensity of your workouts by adjusting the inclination. Workout anytime you want, and you can even work out in front of the television watching your favorite show, another way to avoid sitting for too long. 😛
- Home workouts can also be exciting and can help you get equivalent health benefits.
- Home workouts need extra care, as you don’t have any trainer around you to correct you.
- It would be best if you do all the workouts correctly to get the desired results. Targetting the wrong part will harm you.
- Sometimes it is challenging to find motivation, so here our top tips to stay motivated for home -workouts.
- Have a balanced diet to get desired results. Avoid junk food and focus on eating fresh and healthy food.