High-intensity interval training(HIIT) includes short, intense workouts. In these workouts, a person performs an intense cardiovascular exercise for around 30 to 60 seconds. And, this is followed by a shorter recovery period. Here we will discuss few benefits of including HIIT in your workout routine.
Fitness is not only about exercise. It includes physical health, mental health, and a well-balanced diet. Also, when a person starts exercising, a time comes where a weight loss process will either slow down or die. This process is popularly known as the weight loss plateau.
So, it is necessary to choose the right workouts and increase the intensity gradually. Also, this way, you can maintain your health and lose weight with a slight calorie deficit. Check our blog on a healthy calorie deficit and how can you achieve it. High-intensity workouts can solve the purpose by helping you increase your intensity and energy expenditure. So, if your weight loss process has stalled, make sure you perform a few of them apart from regular exercises.
The story doesn’t end here because we have listed few significant reasons to include HIIT’s in your workout routine.
Why HIIT’s should be part of your workout routine?
- Minimum time, maximum benefits: This is the best offer HIIT’s could offer. Many looks for faster results, and few are short of time when it comes to workout. However, HIIT’s can save your time and can help you burn more calories. So, now you have an option even if you’re running late. 😛
- Helps in muscle growth: Strong muscles can help you do daily tasks with ease. And, these muscles can help you maintain weight as well. HIIT’s involves different muscle groups and helps in strengthening them. But not equivalent to weight training. If you have just started working out, you might gain some muscles in the beginning. But, you may have to perform few weight training exercises if you wish to build muscles.
- After exercise benefits: Everyone would love this benefit because HIIT’s will increases metabolic rate for hours after exercising. You can burn some extra calories this way and, there’s a study to support this fact. So, why not gain some additional benefits even after completing the exercise.
- Can burn more calories: HIIT’s can burn more calories in comparison to other exercises. A study shows that a person burns almost 25 to 30 percent extra calories than other exercises. So, you can burn more calories in less time and even more in comparison to other exercises.
- No equipment needed: HIIT’s can be performed anywhere, anytime, and even without equipment. This property makes them one of the most effective exercises in comparison to others. Also, after restrictions because of the COVID pandemic, they are probably the safest option. So, get moving and do some HIIT exercises in your home to stay fit. No extra equipment or gym costs, and you can enjoy these benefits at your home.
- Challenging: HIIT workouts are challenging and will always push you to do better than yesterday. Also, there are plenty of options available that makes them more exciting. Every day you can opt for different exercises. Try including dumbbells, kettlebells, weights, etc., to make them more exciting and challenging.
- Boost heart health: A healthy heart will keep you away from many diseases. HIIT workouts can improve blood circulation. Thus, helping in dealing with other related issues. So, the blood flow and oxygen intake increase and improve overall health.
- Will make you happy: Exercise helps in boosting happy hormones. HIIT is one of those intense workouts that can increase your happiness like other exercises. An additional benefit they have is their challenging nature which makes them slightly different from others.
These are some of the amazing benefits of HIIT workouts. These benefits might differ from person to person. But, these options are much better than crash diets that promise to reduce weight in a shorter time.
List of few HIITs that can be performed anywhere, anytime :
- Push- ups
- Mountain Climber
- Jumping jack
- High to low plank
- Jump squat
- Jumping Lunge
- High knees
- Walk out
You can include dumbbells or kettlebells in a few of them to increase their intensity. There are many other HIIT options. Choose 5-6 among them and your breathtaking HIIT session is ready. 😛