All of us are aware of the benefits of exercising regularly. But, how many of us are aware of the role our clothes play during our workout. Workout clothes are probably the most neglected topic. And, their importance decreases more during home workouts. There are a plethora of brands that offer comfortable workout clothes. But, how many of us invest in them? We’ll see the reasons why your workout clothes matter
Well, all of us have an answer for this. Proper workout clothes aren’t a priority for many. Good clothes impact how you feel before, after, and during your workout. Whatever it may be, walking, running, cycling, skipping, weight lifting, HIIT, anything, what you wear plays a huge role. So, now you can’t escape saying that it’s a short walk or a short HIIT session.
For some, comfort is the priority and, for few, it’s more about how they look while wearing it. Reality lies somewhere in between the two but is slightly tilted towards comfort. We will explore that how your clothes play an important role in your workout sessions.
So, be it at home or the gym, your clothes should be perfect. When we say workout clothes, we will also include the shoes you choose for your sessions.
We have many brands like Nike, Puma, My protein, etc., that offer good quality clothes. Investing in a pair of them isn’t a bad idea. They are durable and comfortable. So, don’t hesitate to spend money on them.
I have seen many people in comfortable yet fashionable clothes working out in the gym. And, they don’t look comfortable at all. I am sure that you all would have seen at least one person experiencing this.
Reasons why they matter?
- Comfort: Comfort should be your priority while buying any workout clothes. Comfortable clothes will help you focus on your workout well. Concentrating on one thing at a time boosts performance. If you’re not comfortable in your clothes, you might not feel confident while doing a few exercises. And, the last option you have is to skip everything and get rid of those uneasy clothes.
Wrong shoes can give you blisters, a wrong sports bra can make breathing difficult and, wrong shorts would irritate your thighs.
- Confidence: All of us have experienced the way we feel after getting into our best clothes. Clothing can create a huge impact on a person’s mental process. And, this includes the way they feel, act, think in areas like attention, confidence, etc. This is popularly known as enclothed cognition. So, why don’t we use it during workouts as well? “Look good, feel good! ” is real. Start believing and applying this wherever you go and whatever you do.
- Prevents injury: Uncomfortable clothes and shoes will make you prone to injuries. You can suffer injuries when your clothes are too tight or when they are too loose. Your clothes should protect you from overheating, strain, or any uneasiness due to difficulty in breathing or moving.
- Better ability to move: You’re working out, and every workout needs movement. Thus, your clothes decide your range of motion. Breathable and comfortable clothes will help you move and train better. Choose something that helps you move freely and enjoy your session.
- Protects you in summer and winters: Same workout or gym clothes won’t work for both seasons. When it’s too hot outside, choose light-colored, sweat-wicking clothing. And, when it’s too cold, add a layer of breathable clothing that allows you to move and breathe easily. Too many clothes will again restrict your movement and can cause overheating. Choose wisely.
- Will motivate you: Good workout clothes can keep you motivated to a greater extent. “Look good, Feel good and give your best” is real. Even if you’re working out at home, don’t forget to wear your workout clothes. We often feel that home-workouts don’t need that much attention, but always choose workout clothes. They’ll motivate you.
- Protects your skin: Bad quality clothes can irritate your skin and can result in rashes, itching, etc. A sweaty workout session requires breathable clothing. And, this will help your skin stay cool. Make your workouts great with good quality clothes.
- Durability: Workout clothes might be a little expensive, but believe me, they’re worth it. They will last longer and will boost your overall performance. Spend one time, and they’ll last longer. You won’t regret this investment.
Your workout clothes matter. Make sure you choose the best for yourself.
JeannineNovember 8, 2021 at 7:56 am
I wasn’t an athletic gal every since. I can honestly had bought more sneakers in the last 3 years compared to all the sneakers I’ve used throughout my life. I’m not just the sneakers kind of person. What I learned though when you decided to change your lifestyle to a healthy one wherein you incorporate exercise as well to your daily life is that, this workout clothes/shoes is important. Not only does it help you move better in them but also gives to the motivation to do your workout. Who says you need to look grumpy and sweaty when you workout?! You can look glam sweaty actually.haha
Anjali TripathiNovember 8, 2021 at 10:53 am
True!! that workout clothes are probably the most neglected topic. Glad that you share here the benefits of workout clothes. It’s time to retire college T-shirts and sweatpants and invest in some proper gym attire for all these benefits. Investing in gym wear is not a waste of money.
DiyaNovember 13, 2021 at 11:14 pm
Ohh i didn’t know about reasons why our workout clothes matter. Now I got know it. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am glad you have shared that.
Sandy N VyjayNovember 14, 2021 at 1:48 pm
It is so true that workout clothes matter a lot. Comfort is of course of prime importance and so too the ease of movement which the fitting of the clothes allow. Depending on the weather, the warmth of the clothes also matter. You have presented some really valid reasons to focus on workout clothes.
Dipika SinghNovember 14, 2021 at 4:04 pm
You are very right, workout clothes need to be perfect as they enhance productivity or can hamper the entire process. I have learned through my own personal debacle, wish I was guided by such an informative post earlier.
Indiacafe24November 14, 2021 at 5:53 pm
I also agree to the fact that having the perfect workout clothes is a must as it gives us the flexibility to perform the workouts in the right way
Manisha GargNovember 14, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Wearing the right clothes while working out really gives that comfort. I totally agree with the points you have shared.
Ambica GulatiNovember 14, 2021 at 8:10 pm
You have put all this down well. I find shoes are really important, as they can lead to serious issues. And improper clothing also doesn’t let you exercise properly. It’s good to have it put down in one place.
Sindhu Vinod NarayanNovember 15, 2021 at 12:26 am
This post is informative as it cites the reasons to have a good choice of workout clothes and their significance. Clothing definitely does change the game for workout
Jhilmil D SahaNovember 15, 2021 at 6:42 pm
This is such an insightful post. I had a fair idea about choosing the right kind of clothes for workout but not in so much detail.
MeenalSonalNovember 15, 2021 at 7:36 pm
You are right Vandana, even I have noticed people in workout clothes that make them uncomfortable. I liked the idea of adding an extra layer that is breathable as body temperatures vary while workout.
AakritiNovember 16, 2021 at 9:43 am
Such a well articulated blog. I totally agree that clothes set half the mood and the right clothes are really important for our workout.
Rakhi JayashankarNovember 16, 2021 at 10:13 am
Oh I have seen people who wear uncomfortable clothes while working out and struggling. What you wear is it indeed important
The Champa TreeNovember 16, 2021 at 10:16 am
Coming to think of it, o totally agree with you. What you wear matters a lot in terms of comfort and motivation
Outset BooksNovember 16, 2021 at 10:17 am
These days workout wear had also become s fashion statement.. when comfort and fashion doesn’t go hand in hand everything goes wrong.
Shreya JainNovember 16, 2021 at 10:22 am
I was also one of those who ignores workout clothes. But now i know the importance of them. I will definitely buy some following your recommendations.
Richa NimeshwariNovember 16, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Nobody talk about workout clothing. Yes I have seen people wearing stylish cloths in gym and it’s very uncomfortable to do exercise in those cloths. Thanks for sharing this topic.
Anjali TripathiNovember 28, 2021 at 5:13 pm
That’s something important topic for gym-goers. When going to the gym, it’s important to wear clothes that are breathable and flexible. It’s good to look good – but remember that fitness and safety are our foremost concerns.
Surbhi PrapannaNovember 28, 2021 at 11:00 pm
I agree with all the reasons who have mentioned here about why workout clothes matters. for me, it is the motivational factor that make you motivate to do exercise regularly. as you said rightly, “Look good, feel good! ” is real thing that help up to a great extent be regular in your schedule.
Sindhu Vinod NarayanNovember 29, 2021 at 2:07 am
Clothing changes the game for working out. Having comfortable workout wear definitely has its benefits
HumairaNovember 29, 2021 at 7:50 am
Wearing the right clothes while working out really gives proper comfort. What you wear matters a lot in terms of comfort and motivation.