All of us are aware of the benefits of exercising regularly. But, how many of us are aware of the role our clothes play during our workout. Workout clothes are probably the most neglected topic. And, their importance decreases more during home workouts. There are a plethora of brands that offer comfortable workout clothes. But, how many of us invest in them? We’ll see the reasons why your workout clothes matter
Well, all of us have an answer for this. Proper workout clothes aren’t a priority for many. Good clothes impact how you feel before, after, and during your workout. Whatever it may be, walking, running, cycling, skipping, weight lifting, HIIT, anything, what you wear plays a huge role. So, now you can’t escape saying that it’s a short walk or a short HIIT session.
For some, comfort is the priority and, for few, it’s more about how they look while wearing it. Reality lies somewhere in between the two but is slightly tilted towards comfort. We will explore that how your clothes play an important role in your workout sessions.
So, be it at home or the gym, your clothes should be perfect. When we say workout clothes, we will also include the shoes you choose for your sessions.
We have many brands like Nike, Puma, My protein, etc., that offer good quality clothes. Investing in a pair of them isn’t a bad idea. They are durable and comfortable. So, don’t hesitate to spend money on them.
I have seen many people in comfortable yet fashionable clothes working out in the gym. And, they don’t look comfortable at all. I am sure that you all would have seen at least one person experiencing this.
Reasons why they matter?
- Comfort: Comfort should be your priority while buying any workout clothes. Comfortable clothes will help you focus on your workout well. Concentrating on one thing at a time boosts performance. If you’re not comfortable in your clothes, you might not feel confident while doing a few exercises. And, the last option you have is to skip everything and get rid of those uneasy clothes.
Wrong shoes can give you blisters, a wrong sports bra can make breathing difficult and, wrong shorts would irritate your thighs.
- Confidence: All of us have experienced the way we feel after getting into our best clothes. Clothing can create a huge impact on a person’s mental process. And, this includes the way they feel, act, think in areas like attention, confidence, etc. This is popularly known as enclothed cognition. So, why don’t we use it during workouts as well? “Look good, feel good! ” is real. Start believing and applying this wherever you go and whatever you do.
- Prevents injury: Uncomfortable clothes and shoes will make you prone to injuries. You can suffer injuries when your clothes are too tight or when they are too loose. Your clothes should protect you from overheating, strain, or any uneasiness due to difficulty in breathing or moving.
- Better ability to move: You’re working out, and every workout needs movement. Thus, your clothes decide your range of motion. Breathable and comfortable clothes will help you move and train better. Choose something that helps you move freely and enjoy your session.
- Protects you in summer and winters: Same workout or gym clothes won’t work for both seasons. When it’s too hot outside, choose light-colored, sweat-wicking clothing. And, when it’s too cold, add a layer of breathable clothing that allows you to move and breathe easily. Too many clothes will again restrict your movement and can cause overheating. Choose wisely.
- Will motivate you: Good workout clothes can keep you motivated to a greater extent. “Look good, Feel good and give your best” is real. Even if you’re working out at home, don’t forget to wear your workout clothes. We often feel that home-workouts don’t need that much attention, but always choose workout clothes. They’ll motivate you.
- Protects your skin: Bad quality clothes can irritate your skin and can result in rashes, itching, etc. A sweaty workout session requires breathable clothing. And, this will help your skin stay cool. Make your workouts great with good quality clothes.
- Durability: Workout clothes might be a little expensive, but believe me, they’re worth it. They will last longer and will boost your overall performance. Spend one time, and they’ll last longer. You won’t regret this investment.
Your workout clothes matter. Make sure you choose the best for yourself.